Siguniangshan, or Four Sisters Mountain (sometimes known as Four Maidens Mountain), is located in Siguniang Town, Xiaojin County, Sichuan Province. It belongs to the Qionglai Mountains. Siguniangshan consists of four peaks, including Dafeng(1st peak or big peak), Erfeng(2nd peak), Sanfeng(3rd peak), Yaomei Feng(4th peak, 6250m, the highest one).
Dafeng(1st peak or big peak) is 5038 meters, located in the Haizi Valley Scenic Area. The area below 4000 meters is full of alpine meadows. No grass grows above 4000 meters. In summer, there are small amounts of snow in the summit. From Oct to April next year, the snow could be knee-high, with better scenery during the summer. The climbing difficulty increases. At the top of Dafeng Peak, Yaomei Peak is just in front of you.
Erfeng(2nd peak, also known as Erguniang Mountain) is at 5276 meters, located in Haizi Valley Scenic Area, 230km west of Chengdu. In summer, the mountain is full of trees. On the mountains, you can see rare animals living in the canyons of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, and find many precious Chinese medicine materials produced in Tibetan areas.
Erguniang Mountain is sharp and steep, covered in snow all year round, which makes it particularly glamorous.
Sanfeng(3rd peak, also known as Sanguniang Mountain) is at 5355 meters, located in Changping Valley Scenic Area, 200km west of Chengdu. Sanguniang Mountain is sharp and steep, covered snow year-round. It is the nearest mountain close to Yaomei Feng. With lots of mountains and trees, it is a natural habitat for giant pandas.
Yaomei peak(4th Peak, also known as Siguniangshan) is at 6250 meters. It is also called the “Queen of the Sichuan’s peaks”. It is not recommended for climb beginners.
After you arrive in Chengdu, you can enjoy leisure time in Cheng and visit Jinli, Wuhouci, Kuanzhaixiangzi ect. You will stay at a designated hotel in Chengdu.
Accommodation: Chengdu Hotel
Altitude: Chengdu is about 540m
Accommodation: Mountain Siguniang Inn
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Altitude: Mountain Siguniang Town is about 3200M
Spending time: 230km, about 4 hours
In the morning, we will depart for Wolong through the provincial highway 303. Climbing over Mount Balang, at an altitude of 4,532 meters, we enjoy a panoramic view of Mount Siguniang at Maobiliang. After checking in at the hotel, we will check the team members' equipment, acclimatize to the high altitude and explain the details of our mountaineering activities.
1. It might be late when we arrive in Mountain Siguniang Town today.
2. Due to the mountainous climate, Mountain Balang is prone to fog .
3. Please bring warm clothes as today’s altitude rises more. Don’t take a bath today.
Accommodation: Mountain Siguniang Inn
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
Spending time: 12km trekking
9:00am set out for Changping Valley. Today we will acclimatize altitude, trekking from 3200m to 3700m and back to Siguniangshan town. The scientific altitude adaptation method commonly used in high altitude climbing training, trekking in high altitude and sleeping in low.
Bring warm clothes and move slowly in high altitude.
Accommodation: Base camp
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
Spending time: 18km trekking or horsing
After breakfast, we pack our personal equipment and set off from Haizi Valley. Today’s hike is a long distance, at about 18 kilometers 7 hours trekking. It is recommended to wear knee pads and use trekking poles. Though Guozhuangping, Shibanre, Dajianbao, Jipengzi and Niupengzi ,we arrive at Erfeng base camp. Then we set up camp, and fall asleep early after having dinner.
If team member needs to horse to Base camp, please bring warm clothes and move slightly on horseback avoiding the scaring of horse.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mountain Siguniang
Meal: Breakfast, Dinner
2:00am We get up and have breakfast
3:00am We leave in time (departure time may be adjusted according to the season, decided by the arrangement of the team leader). It takes about 6-7 hours to reach the summit of Erfeng and descend back to Erfeng Base camp. It is required to head downhill before 12:00pm, regardless of reaching the summit or not. After lunch at Erfeng base camp, we trek or take a horse to Mountain Siguniang Town and have a celebration dinner.
We will depart for Chengdu after breakfast. Say goodbye to everyone and airport/train station drop off. It is recommended to book flight/train after 4:00pm.
Transportation: Round-trip vehicle fee between Chengdu and Siguniangshan
Airport pickup and drop off service in Chengdu
Accommodation: listed in the itinerary
Tickets: Siguniangshan ticket fee, environmental protection fee
Meals: listed in the itinerary
Mountaineering leader: 1: 2 (2 team members with 1 professional mountaineering leader); English team leader is only provided when over four English speaker travelers
Horses: horses for carrying personal equipment and public equipment during trekking (personal items within 20kg)
Equipment: Public equipment, technical equipment, medicine, cooking utensils and ect.
Mountaineering registration: mountaineering activities need to be approved by the Sichuan Mountaineering Association
Climbing Certificate fee
Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance: professional outdoor insurance (insured amount RMB600,000 )
The transportation in and out of Chengdu
Meal not includes in the itinerary
Personal expenses such as personal horse riding
Single room supplement
Recuse fee for emergency
Tips to the leader and driver
Jacket: Warm and quick-drying underwear (not pure cotton)
One piece of thin fleece and one piece of thick fleece
Backpack: a large bag (40L for women, 50L for men) and a top bag(30L) .
Shoes: high-top waterproof hiking shoes (after running-in)
Jacket: sweat-wicking thermal underwear, fleece or thermal soft shell, jacket, down jacket
Bottoms: sweat-wicking and warm underwear,fleece pants, assault pants (you can bring a pair of fleece pants to keep warm in the base camp)
*** The down jacket is over 180g with thick, windproof and warm.
1. Communication equipment
2. Rest tent, table, chair
3. Kitchen equipment cookware, pressure cooker, plateau stove, gas tank, etc.
Trauma: Yunnan Baiyao spray, safflower oil, band-aid;
Emergency: medical oxygen cylinder, iodine, gauze, bandage, splint, clinical thermometer, blood oximeter
No oral medicine is provided due to allergic reactions allergic reactions, so prepare your own medicine according to your situation. It is recommended to bring the following: antidiarrheal medicine, cold medicine, pain medicine, aspirin, fenbid, inosine sheet.
Remarks: The team members can write down the method of administration on the obvious place of the medicine box when bringing own common medicine in case of an emergency.
1. We provide a full set of technical equipment for free Crampons, long ice axe, seat belt, helmet, protector, main lock, ATC, 4m 6mm small auxiliary rope, chrysanthemum rope, long sling (all kinds of technical equipment during the training period are all provided by the trainer for free )
2. We provide free ice axes and crampons (prepared according to actual road conditions)
3. We provide a full set of camping equipment for free, including: down sleeping bags, alpine tents, moisture-proof pads, aluminum foil pads (if team members have high hygiene requirements, please bring your own sleeping bags)
4. Trekking poles, snow cover, sunglasses, headlights, a pair of knee pads, raincoat (depending on the season), waterproof gloves (must be thick), fleece gloves, headscarves, 4-5 pairs of outdoor hiking socks, cold caps (Warm hat, fleece hat)
5. 750ML-1000ML insulation kettle (according to your own needs)
6. Personal mouthwash, sunscreen lipstick, sunscreen (above HP30)
7. Bring your own 3 meals (high-calorie food) and other personal favorite foods.
8. Commonly used medicines for individuals
9. ID card, bank card, appropriate amount of cash and other personal items.
* We will purchase personal accident insurance suitable for this event. All participants are regarded as persons with full capacity for civil conduct. If a personal injury occurs during the event, the liability for compensation shall be settled in accordance with the insurance regulations, legal provisions and
* Please respect the life and language habits of Tibetan guides and porters
* Except for Mountain Siguniang Town, there are only China Telecom signals during the whole climbing.
* Participants of the course must have a sense of group,teamwork and mutual assistance.
* During the training, follow the course arrangements and safety tips of the mountaineering instructor, Do not take risks without authorization and leave the team without
* In order to ensure to get their important security materials timely, team members need to carry own top-up bags, warm clothing, hot water bottles, road meals, valuables, etc. during the activity.
* Drinking alcohol is prohibited during training
*Practice the LNT law, pay attention to environmental protection, strictly prohibit littering, and bring garbage back to the inn for disposal.
* There is a huge temperature difference between day and night with strong sunshine in the day time. The climbing training activities are basically at an altitude of 3200 meters-5355 meters. Pay attention to bring thick warm clothing and good sun protection.
* Regarding altitude sickness, we will have a special training course to explainthat the focus is to relax, eat moderately, drink more hot water, and slow down all movements after arriving in Mountain Siguniang Town in order to adapt to the plateau.
* Respect the customs and habits of local ethnic minorities and get along with the local people in a friendly manner. Avoid conflicts with locals, otherwise you will bear the consequences yourself.
* If you withdraw midway due to personal reasons (such as physical strength, illness, etc.), no fee will be refunded, and the extra expenses incurred need to be afforded by yourself