The 6178.8-meters Yuzhu Peak belongs to the Kunlun Mountains and is the highest peak in the eastern section of Kunlun. It is a training base for mountaineering in Qinghai, China. There are many peaks over 5,000 meters around Yuzhu Peak, and modern glaciers are developed on both north and south slopes. The topography is characterized by gentle slopes at the southern side and steep at the northern side. The end of the glacier on the southern slope is 5,100 meters above sea level, while the glacier on the northern slope is 4,400 meters.
The Yuzhu Peak area has a continental climate with only 200 mm of rainfall throughout the year. The annual average temperature is -5℃. The temperature is relatively high from May to September each year, and the lowest temperature at night is around -10℃, but the ice and snow status is relatively stable. The best season to climb mountain Yuzhu Peak is from May to October. It is a mountain suitable for those beginners climbers to learn and improve.
Assemble in Golmud, check the equipment, welcome dinner
Accommodation: Golmud hotel
Drive into the mountain, training courses
Take ttraining courses
Drive to Bame camp, take training courses
Accommodation: Base Camp
Take training courses
Accommodation: Base Camp
Climbing to C1
If Yuzhu Peak is not allowed to summit due to weather conditions, we will delay the summit time or one day.
Or Day 7: C1- To Summit- Base Camp- Golmud
To summit and then back to Base camp and Golmud. Celebration dinner.
Accommodations list above, Golmud hotel (2 people sharing a room)
Golmud welcome dinner and Golmud celebration banquet
Mountaineering leader: 1: 2 (2 team members with 1 professional mountaineering leader); English team leader is only provided when over four English speaker travelers
Public equipment using fee
Technical equipment in package includes ( ice claw, ice pick, safety belt, headlamp, road rope, mountaineering snow glasses and other public technical equipment)
Mountaineering registration fee, climbing certificate fee and various administrative fees by Qinghai Mountaineering Association
Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance: professional outdoor insurance (insured amount RMB600,000 )
Travel expenses, catering expenses, etc. before arriving at the Golmud;
Personal expenses out of the travel schedule are excluded;
Expenses incurred in emergency rescue;
Tips to the leader and driver
Single room supplement
1. Clothing and footwear: hiking shoes, jackets, pants, fleece pants, down jackets (available for rent), down pants (available for purchase);
2. Other equipment: waterproof gloves, fleece gloves, cold caps, socks, down sleeping bags (available for rent), snow covers, snow goggles, walking sticks, headlights, backpacks, panniers, lipsticks, sunscreen, thermal pots.
1. Provide activity schedule, activity route, responsible for on-site command, safety and technical guidance.
2. Equipped with full-time chefs and logistics staff for the whole activity.
3. Equipped with cooking tent for cooking and storage of related materials.
4. Equipped with several camping tents for the rest of the team members.
5. Equipped with a set of power generation equipment for lighting and charging.
6. Equipped with cooking utensils (gas stove, frying pan, pressure cooker) and several tableware.
7. Equipped with a dining table and several folding chairs for dining, rest and entertainment.
8. For breakfast and dinner, we provide fresh meat, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, hot water, hot rice, coffee, beverages, etc. Lunch are nutritious road meals and fruits.
9. Equipped with conventional emergency medicines.
10. Equipped with a set of special oxygen during mountaineering for emergency.
11. Equipped with walkie-talkie
The natural conditions on both the north and south slopes of Yuzhu Peak are different. The south slope is flat and wide with the an altitude of 5050 meters. The climbing route on the south slope is clear and requires low climbing techniques. Base camp is set at an altitude of 5,050 meters and C1 is at 5,600 meters. The south slope has been weathered into a bun-shaped peak with a gentle slope and no avalanche problems, which are suitable for beginner climbers. While the north side of Yuzhu Peak is called Xidatan, which is a narrow valley at 4,200 meters. Different from the southern slope, the northern slope route is relatively complicated with ice cracks, ice towers, ice steep slopes, blade ridges, which is suitable for mountaineering training activities for large troops .
We will gather in Golmud, then drive to Xidatan, where we will spend two days for adaptive training and altitude sickness knowledge explanation. After that, we will depart from Xidatan and go through Kunlun Mountain Pass to reach the base camp, where we also spend two days for adaptive training and the use of various equipment explanation. Then we will proceed from the base camp to the C1 camp, and finally to the summit! After the top of the peak, we will descend and return to Golmud.