Introduction of Nama Peak
Located in Kangding county Sichuan Province, at an altitude of 5588 meters, Nama Peak belongs to the Gongga Mountain Range. It is a typical primary technical snow mountain.
You will experience the diverse colors of Gongga area starting from the beginning of trekking to C1 Camp. There are patches of virgin forests, alpine meadows, monasteries, Tibetan dwellings, rivers, plateau lakes, and snow-capped mountains spread throughout the mountain range.
The summit of Nama peak is covered by a huge ancient ice cap. It is not so difficult to climb the glacier cracks and snow slopes. The entire northwest ridge and the main peak of Gongga can be clearly seen. Climbing from the C1 camp to the summit is the best choice to experience the primary technical snow mountains. Gravel slopes, ice cracks, steep snow slopes, and exposed ridges can all provide an excellent climbing experience.
Not only it is an excellent view of Gongga Snow Mountain, but also a unique experience of primary technical mountaineering, which is the charm of Nama Peak.
In the afternoon, we will stay at a designated hotel in Chengdu, hold a pre-departure meeting, distribute equipment, check the team members' equipment, sign a mountaineering service agreement, and explain the details of mountaineering activities.
Accommodation: Chengdu downtown hotel
We will depart in the morning and drive to Caoke(1700m) for lunch. Then we drive to Bawanghai Checkpoint. From here we start hiking and pass Bawanghai(3100m), where we take pictures and eat a road meal in the afternoon to replenish your energy. Then we depart by car. We will stay overnight at the Tibetan Inn in Xiazimei Village(3200m).
Meals: lunch, dinner in Zimei Village
Accommodation: Twin-beds room in Zimei Village
Distance: 6 hours driving, 3 hours hiking about 12 km
1. Starting from Jieshibei in Caoke, there will be no mobile phone signal throughout the activity.
2. Xiazimei Village is more than 200 kilometers away from Kangding County and is embedded in the valley on the western slope of Gongga Mountain. There are only a dozen households with less than a hundred people, but there are nearly 1,000 square kilometers of snow-capped mountains, forests, meadows and lakes. There is no mobile phone signal, no internet, as villagers still retain the traditional way of life.
3. There is a big temperature difference between day and night in Zimei Village. It is recommended to bring a piece of warm clothing to prevent catching cold.
4. We could not take baths in the evening of Zimei Village.
We will hike from Xiazimei Village to Gongga Temple starting sat 8:00am. Gongga Temple(3750m) is located under the main peak of Gongga, which is one of the three holy places of the Karma Kagyu Sect of Tibetan Buddhism (White Sect). This is the best location for photograghing the main peak of Gongga Snow Mountain. Starting from Gongga Temple, we will keep walking about 6 hours to the base camp(4100m) of Nama Peak.
Meals: Breakfast at inn, lunch road meal (self-prepared), base camp dinner
Accommodation: Tent at Base camp
Distance: 8-9 hours hiking, about 13km, base camp is about 4170m
We will start from the base camp at 10:00am. Our paths will gradually become a gravel slope as the altitude rises. After a large grass slope, we arrive at the C1 camp. Today's journey is very short, but intense climbing as soon as we leave the camp. So at the beginning, we need to pay attention to saving energy. C1 camp(4800m) is located in a col at the foot of Mount Nama.
Meals: Base camp breakfast, lunch road meal (self-prepared), C1 camp dinner
Accommodation: Tent at C1 camp
Distance: 5 hours hiking, about 5km
We will start at 2-3am based on the climate and the physical strength of the team members, then we pass the gravel slope to the crampon crossing at 5200m, where we follow the rope to the top of the glacier and climb the summit of 5588m. Today you will enjoy the best view. After reaching the summit before 12 o'clock in the noon, we will return to the base camp.
Meals: C1 camp breakfast, road meal (self-prepared), base camp dinner
Time required: about 12 hours
After breakfast, we will depart from the base camp and walk through Gongga Temple, Zimei Village, Bawanghai to Parking lot. Then take car to Caoke, where we will have celebration dinner.
Meals: breakfast at the base camp, road trip meal (self-prepared), dinner in Caoke
Distance: 7 hours hiking about 22 km, 2 hours driving
Today we will drive back to Chengdu.
Meals: Breakfast in Caoke
Distance: 6 hours driving
Airport pick up and drop off service;
Transportation: The round-trip vehicle fee between Chengdu and Bawanghai, Bawanghai and Zimei Village;
Accommodations listed in the itinerary;
Meals listed in the itinerary, including campsite breakfast and campsite dinner. You need to bring your own road meals;
Horses: It includes cost of carrying equipment and the backpack from the beginning of trekking to the base camp and to C1 Camp(within 20kg) then return . Individual riding expenses are at your own expense;
Public equipment: fuel, stoves, cooking utensils, some tableware, communication tools, public climbing technical equipment, etc;
Provided large-capacity panniers, mountain tents, mats for free;
Technical equipment rental fee, not including alpine boots;
Mountaineering leader: 1: 2 (2 team members with 1 professional mountaineering leader); English team leader is only provided when over four English speaker travelers;
Tickets: Bawanghai and Gongga sTemple;
Mountaineering registration: mountaineering activities need to be approved by the Sichuan Mountaineering Association
Mountaineering insurance with an insured amount of RMB600000, and altitude sickness special insurance with an insured amount of two hundred thousand;
A certificate of summit will be presented after the summit is successful.
Transportation in and out of Chengdu.
Individual riding expenses and hired porters expenses.
Food, beverages, and other self-entertainment expenses.
Single room supplement.
Caoke Hot Spring (CNY20), round-trip vehicle fee between Zimei Village and Zimei Pass (CNY300)
Individual riding expenses are at your own expense.
1. Clothing and shoes: Jackets, down jacket, down pants, fleece pants, sweat-wicking underwear, hiking shoes, cold hats, sun hats, raincoats;
2. Other equipment: waterproof gloves, fleece gloves, down-filled sleeping bags, backpacks, trekking poles, headlights, wool socks, waterproof bags, snow covers, snow goggles;
3. Personal items: lipstick, sunscreen, heat preservation pot, power bank.
1. No excessive mountain sickness, heart, brain, lung, mental illness and other diseases that are not suitable for high altitude activities;
2. Submit the personal physical examination report (blood pressure + chest X-ray + ECG) of the hospital or physical examination center above the county level within 3 months before departure;
3. Obey the command of the leader and climbing team leader, meet the physical requirements of the activity and have good psychological quality.